Be yourself. Everyone else is taken. - Oscar Wilde

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Because I don't say it enough...

I don't say it enough. I love you. Thank you. You are amazing....

When I think back over the years of my life, you seem to always play a part. I know you weren't always there, but it feels like it. You have changed my life; actually became my life. When I met you, it didn't seem all that life changing. There wasn't that moment where I thought, I will be with this man forever. It didn't come then, but it came later.

It came when you watched fireworks with my grama while waiting for me to come back. It came when you skipped school to drive me back to college because I was sick. It came when you held me while I cried at David's funeral. It came when you asked me to marry you on top of a hill overlooking beautiful landscape. It came when you chose the perfect song for our first dance as a married couple. It came when you were just as sad as me when grama died. It came when you walked into our house before it was ours and said, "This is it." It came when I saw you snuggled up with Henry at the apartment the night before we moved into the house. It came when I saw how you looked at Luci for the first time.

Alright, it didn't magically happen that first time I saw you. But its happened since. Over and over. And I know it will continue for the rest of our lives. So again, thank you for being my partner, the father of my child, my life. Thank you for reminding me every day why you are amazing and why I am "The Luckiest."

2 comments:

  1. Holy shit this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...I wrote it for him, but then asked if I could share. I am also working on letting people know how I feel about them and who better to start with...

    ReplyDelete