Be yourself. Everyone else is taken. - Oscar Wilde

Monday, May 24, 2010

More Rules...

Day 4....The little things
Alright, I am so behind. Not behind on the things I am doing, but behind on sharing them with the world. Or at least those of you who make the effort to read this post. Its still pretty easy. The little things are adding up. I decided to focus on some small steps that I, as well as others, can do. I'm recycling batteries. Many cities have recycling bags or boxes you can get. Fill it with batteries, close it up, and send it back in. Yes, yes we should use rechargables and we do. But not for everything. On day 345 when I can think of nothing else to do, I will go to all rechargables. Gotta save that for the day I have to choose between the diva cup and those (Sorry Kim). Eww! I have to say that I can not take credit for this one. (The batteries, not the diva cup.) It was Chad's idea. He is the true hippie at heart. I am just a wannabe. But I'm working on it.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought of recycling batteries! I'm going to look into that. The rechargeable AA batteries are really a lifesaver, especially for the camera and all the random toys and TV remotes. I rarely have to buy batteries anymore, and I only bought the charger and like 4 rechargeable AA batteries!

    ReplyDelete